Hofmann’s most advanced wheel balancer, the geodyna Optima, is the industry’s first balancer to use patented non-contact laser technology with CCD cameras to automatically capture measurements including distance, diameter and width, radial and lateral run-out, and spoke count/location in less than 30 seconds.
The geodyna Optima combines patented Virtual Plane Measurement (VPM) technology with easy-to-use operator features to diagnose hidden wheel and tire vibration problems. The geodyna Optima will drive your productivity by solving these problems before they become customer complaints.
Click on one of the section titles to learn more about the geodyna Optima Wheel Balancer.
|Features At A Glance|
- The geodyna Optima uses 3 integrated lasers in combination with CCD cameras. Combining laser technology with CCD technology is perfectly suited to clearly identify the surface of wheels currently in the market, which varies from dark, dirty, black, to shining chrome.
- All wheel data (distance, diameter, width) is measured by non-contact technology so that NO manual operation is required.
- Radial and lateral wheel run-out for the left side.
- Radial and lateral wheel run-out for the right side.
- Radial run-out of tire/wheel assembly.
- Radial run-out of bead seat on the wheel (if wheel only is measured).
- Automatic selection of the wheel weight placement mode including the appropriate ALU mode to avoid wrong input by the operator.
- Wheel weight location for tape weights (ALU program) is taken from the internal database. Relocation to the correction plane to attach tape weights is performed by either the geodata gauge arm, or by the laser pointer (needs to be set by the operator).
- 17" color flat screen monitor for accurate display of all measured data.
- The wheel is clamped automatically with the patented Power Clamp system. This ensures the wheel is always correctly centered and clamped.
- The Power Clamp Cushion required to clamp the wheel - within easy reach and properly stored!
- The geodyna Optima recognizes when only the wheel has been mounted, and automatically measures radial and lateral run-out of the wheel. The measured data in addition to the high point of the wheel are viewed on the screen and can be documented on the print-out using the optional printer.
- The geodyna Optima automatically counts the number of spokes and keeps track of the spoke locations on the wheel - making the Hidden Spoke Placement (HSP) mode a user-friendly feature. Simply press a function key to enable HSP service.
- If the geodyna Optima’s scanner and sensor measurements exceed threshold values, the diagnostic screen automatically displays. This screen shows the possible percentage of reduction to unbalance caused by run-out, and indicates if the wheel needs to be matched. The proposed matching procedure is clearly highlighted.
- Graphic illustration of radial run-out (complete tire/wheel assembly).
- Graphic illustration of radial and lateral run-out (both sides of wheel).
- Reading of preset threshold values.
- Reading of radial run-out (complete tire/wheel assembly - 1st harmonic).
- Reading of radial run-out (wheel - 1st harmonic).
- Reading of lateral run-out (complete tire/wheel assembly - 1st harmonic).
The input is fairly simple:
- Enter valve position.
- Provide a mark on the tire as indicated by the balancer.
- Match tire and wheel accordingly on the tire changer.
- With every measurement performed in Optima mode, tire tread depth is measured automatically. An icon indicating whether tread depth is okay, critical, or out of tolerance will appear on the screen with respect to a preset threshold. This is a great feature that will help you sell tires at the right time!
- (EAK0221J39A) Print-out reports with the ink-jet color printer.
Optional WeightMiser™ software determines the possibility of reducing static and dynamic imbalance below the given thresholds using a single weight. If a single weight approach is feasible, then it is recommended. If not, then two-weight balancing is recommended with amounts lower than precision balance recommendations.
WeightMiser also features a Weight Savings screen. This screen is a counter that tracks WeightMiser savings. It accepts input for dollar amounts on the cost of tape and clip type weights (by the pound) and runs daily and cumulative totals, for instant reviews of your savings!
Weight Wizard Wheel Weight Management Software tracks both the types of weights and weight sizes that are actually being used. Knowing the most popular usage, the shop can tailor the weight purchasing requirements by location and avoid excessive expense and waste.
The inner scanner determines the wheel’s rim profile for the weight type as defined by industry recognized standards for clip weight type. The clip shape and weight color code is indicated across the top row of the weight usage chart. Weight amounts are listed along the side. Upon un-clamping the wheel, the weight type, including both clip type and adhesive weight type, and weight amount are written to the Weight Wizard weight usage tracking file.
(EAK0221J38A - Optional) This feature for balancing and optimizing a set of wheels allows the geodyna Optima to measure and save wheel data for up to five wheels. When the rear scanner scans the tire surface, the measurements are used to determine the tire’s pull index. The geodyna Optima proposes the best possible position for each wheel on the vehicle so that tire pull is compensated for axle by axle.
- Virtual Plane Measurement Technology (VPM)
- Automatic "Touchless" entry of distance, diameter, and width*
- Automatic "Touchless" measurement of radial and lateral run-out*
- Automatic selection of weight placement mode*
- Automatic selection of correction planes
- Laser pointer or geodata gauge arm*
- Auto Lock System for geodata gauge arm*
- Split weight mode HSP
- Geometric matching*
- Automatic braking of wheel after measurement
- Automatic orientation of wheel into correction position after measurement
- Pedal operated main shaft lock
- V-belt motor drive for constant speed
- Power Clamp*
- 17" Color LCD Flatscreen Monitor
- ASANetwork Compatible
- Full wheel guard
- Installation is possible directly near a wall
|EAM0005D23A||Automotive Cone (1.65" - 3.03")|
|EAM0005D24A||Automotive Cone (2.83" - 3.90")|
|EAM0005D25A||Automotive Cone (3.78" - 4.57")|
|EAC0058D15A||Soft Protective Ring|
|EAK0221J31A||7 Cone Kit (1.7" - 6.3")|
|8100068||Light Truck Cone Kit for ½, ¾ & 1 Ton (4.25" - 6.85")|
|2401776||Truck Cone Kit for ¾ and 1 Ton (7.7" - 8.75")|
|8100006||Universal Front-Mount Lugnut Adapter (3, 4, 5, 6, and 8-stud)|
|2402262||80 mm Truck Studs (Set of 5. Requires 8100006)|
|2402263||70 mm Standard Studs (Set of 5. Requires 8100006)|
|2402265||80 mm Porsche Studs (Set of 5. Requires 8100006)|
|2402266||73 mm Spring-Loaded Studs (Set of 5. Requires 8100006)|
|6415368||8" Alloy Pressure Cup|